SOLAS-Approved Marine Insulation
At EEG Marine, we work to ensure that all components of your boat work together as one.
At EEG Marine, we are committed to providing the maritime industry with high-quality and compliant interior solutions that meet the strictest regulatory and Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) standards. Our extensive range of services includes Regulatory and SOLAS-Approved Insulation, Bulkhead Panel Systems, Ceiling Systems, and much more.
Heating, insulation, and ventilation are the three pillars of moisture control on seagoing vessels. Boat insulation must be more than water-resistant. It must be completely waterproof.
Regulatory and SOLAS-Approved Insulation Products:
- Potable Water Piping: We offer insulation solutions to maintain the temperature and quality of potable water, ensuring it remains safe and drinkable.
- Chill Water Piping: Our insulation solutions for chill water piping systems help in controlling temperatures for various applications onboard.
- LNG Cryogenic Pipe: Ensuring the safety and efficiency of LNG systems through SOLAS-approved cryogenic insulation solutions.
- Drain Piping: Effective insulation for drain piping to prevent condensation and maintain system integrity.
- SS Pipe Cladding and Pipe Covering: Our solutions include stainless steel pipe cladding and covering for durability and corrosion resistance.
- Fiberglass Reinforced Lagging and Pipe Covering: We provide fiberglass-reinforced lagging and pipe covering for effective insulation.
- Personnel Protection: Safety is paramount, and we offer insulation solutions that protect personnel from hot or cold surfaces.
- Exhaust Blankets and Calcium Silicate: Our solutions include exhaust blankets and calcium silicate insulation for heat management and fire protection.
- Sound Dampening: We offer sound-dampening solutions to create a comfortable and quieter environment onboard.
- Structural Fire Protection, A and A60 Class: Meeting SOLAS requirements, our structural fire protection solutions are available in A and A60 classes.
- Thermal Insulation, Non-Classed: For various applications not requiring specific class ratings, our thermal insulation solutions provide efficient temperature control.
From traditional to spray-on to cork insulation, at EEG Marine, we offer a variety of solutions that fit your needs and your budget. Our many insulation options offer a wide range of long-lasting and cost-effective solutions for sailboats, durability, canal boats, rib tenders, narrowboats, tugs, barges, fishing boats, cargo boats, and large trawlers, as well as boats where cooling and refrigeration is a concern.
Regulatory and SOLAS-Approved, Finished Bulkhead Panel Systems:
- Numerous Soft Core Panel Systems, Fire Rated C, B & A Class: Our soft-core panel systems are available in various fire ratings, ensuring safety and aesthetic appeal.
- Honeycomb Panel Systems, Fire Rated C Class: Honeycomb panels offer lightweight and fire-rated solutions for interior spaces.
- Rigid Vermiculite Panel System, Fire Rated C, B & A Class: Rigid vermiculite panels provide superior fire resistance and are available in multiple fire classes for versatility.
Regulatory and SOLAS-Approved Ceiling Systems:
- Numerous 300mm Plank Ceiling Systems, Gap & No-Gap, Fire Rated C, B Class: Our 300mm plank ceiling systems come with options for gap and no-gap configurations, meeting various fire ratings.
- Numerous 600mm x 600mm Ceiling Systems, Aluminum & Steel, Fire Rated C & B Class: These ceiling systems offer flexibility in design and materials, with fire ratings compliant with regulations.
- Traditional Drop Ceiling, Fire Rated C Class: For a classic appearance and fire-rated compliance, our traditional drop ceilings are an excellent choice.
- Painted or Powder Coated Exterior & Interior Sheet Metal & Aluminum Ceilings, Fire Rated B Class: These durable and visually appealing ceiling systems are fire-rated and can be customized with painted or powder-coated finishes.
The international Safety of Life At Sea standards date back to 1914 and the wake of the Titanic disaster. Your watercraft must meet or exceed the latest SOLAS standards from bow to stern. Otherwise, boat owners could be vulnerable to liability lawsuits.
Because personal safety is at stake, approved insulation and other materials must pass a rigorous, multi-part test.
SOLAS requires typical bulkhead and deck prototypes to be tested in accordance with the most current FTP Code to ensure that their construction meets the requirements for A-Class divisions. The FTP Code requires that all structural insulation materials be tested for noncombustibility, and then separately tested for fire resistance. The FTP Code requires structural insulations to be tested in the orientation in which the material will be installed. Because of this, if a manufacturer intends to have a product approved for both bulkhead and deck insulation, two tests are required, one in a vertical orientation, and one in a horizontal orientation.
Insulation, bulkhead panel systems, and ceiling systems that don’t have the SOLAS seal of approval fall below the legal standard of care. Therefore, the boat owner could be legally responsible for falls and other onboard injuries.
SOLAS approval also gives passengers and crew peace of mind and reminds them that boat owners are truly interested in their health and safety.
At EEG Marine, we understand the importance of regulatory compliance and safety in the maritime industry. Our solutions are meticulously engineered to ensure they meet the highest standards, and we are dedicated to providing our clients with innovative and reliable interior systems that enhance the safety and functionality of marine vessels. Contact us today to discuss your specific requirements and let EEG Marine be your partner in creating safe and compliant marine interiors.